Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baljinnyam Posts Bullshit

Title summarizes what follows below:

I've been thinking about posting on this glorious online forum for a long time now, and I never did because I always felt that what I had to say would not be nearly as funny or as entertaining as what you talented people write.

Well, here goes.

I think that I shall tell a story from my childhood. When I was small, growing up in Mongolia, I would often spend hours looking out of my grandparents' apartment window, observing the happenings of the surrounding neighborhood, the cars and the buses that went by, etc. One day, around the age of 3, I was hanging out with my grandpa. I turned to him, and I said, "Grandpa. Did you know that all my friends go to school? I went with them yesterday." I, then, proceeded to tell my grandpa, in elaborate detail, what happened at school. To which, my grandpa just nodded and let me finish telling my story.

Three things to note: 1) What I was saying was funny because I didn't have any friends and because I never went to school. 2) I am thankful that my grandpa let me exercise my imagination. I really loved that man. He inhabits a large part of my heart. 3) Even at an early age, I showed an affinity for all things academic? Cool? I think so.

Now, in this academic stage on my life, all the friends whom I love are at school. They make life better. Except, one friend is very far away, "in the land of the midnight sun."

2 comments:

  1. your grandpa sounds AWESOME.

    and post more stories!! i like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable, i would cry if i weren't in the school library

    ReplyDelete